Saturday, February 28, 2009

Catchup - August 08

Wow... it's been a while to say the least. I'd like to take the next severla blogs to catch you all up on the highlights of things over the past few months. Here goes...

The long and the short of it:

August 08: Chad, Nali and I took a trip to Hells Canyon with our friend Sharene and her dog Maliae. It was supposed to be a three day backpacking trip, but Nali injured herself (nothing serious, just old bones and muscles that don't work the way they used to) and we had to turn around. We car camped instead. Seems like Nali is beginning to show her age this last year (she turned the big 11 in December). No more carrying her own pack it seems. We still had a great time hanging out and hiking around. We saw 4 snakes, lots of hawks, and a bear - Oh My!!!
Nicki and Sharene on the trail.
Hells Canyon. Beautiful.
Three Amigos.

Chad

1 comments:

mike and chenoa said...

I'm glad to see your return to blogging.

Poor Nali. I wish dogs didn't have to age...

The hike looks beautiful. My favorite sandwich at one of the local eateries is the Hell's Canyon. You'll have to come try it. We hope to get you out here after the home is finished.